Monday, August 15, 2011

Anne Thistle

Today driving to pick up Mike after work I saw Anne Thistle driving away from campus and realized that I need to thank her. Back in 1978, she taught me about food, ingredients, cooking. She told me stories that (cobbled together with things that I had learned from Joan) gave me an idea of what college life was like. I had missed all that but thanks to Anne, I at least KNEW that I had missed something worthwhile. Probably one of the reasons that I'm still here at FSU these thirty plus years later. Still cooking, still experimenting, still identifying herbs and spices in the foods that I eat. I haven't worked with Anne for more than 30 years and have rarely spoken to her since then. All the more reason to say "Thanks Anne!"

No comments:

Post a Comment